I pulled this together in the style of a checklist which can be used to improve mindset.
1. Own your s***t! Important to improve mindset. By putting yourself in charge and taking responsibility for your results, you will find choice and empowerment. Exercising choice gives you control.
2. Focus on what you want, rather than what you don’t want. Every day when getting up in the morning ask yourself “what do I want?” (if you prefer, do so using a mirror).
3. Patting on the back starts with you, first. No-one else is going to be able to pat you on your back until you accept, so start with you. Recognise and acknowledge your wins, no matter how big or small they may be – this is a good habit to adopt to improve mindset.
4. Surround yourself with the right people, right for you and your needs. Review your ‘team’ around you, regularly. You may need to move on if any are holding you back or not adding value.
5. There is no failure, only feedback. Seek and find positive learnings to move forward. This is not about shirking responsibility, if it’s yours – own it, you will feel better.
Let’s do this!
6. Embrace your energisers. Understand what and or who energises (and re-energises) you. Energisers may be people, activities or a combination. Make room in your day to invest in energising, it’s worth it.
7. If you use social media or watch media, you have the power – it’s never accurate and you are the boss! Take charge and impose breaks away when you want. You can turn it OFF!
8. Comfort zones are not a place to reside, they are merely stepping stones to greater. So shake it up and challenge yourself. Yes it may be uncomfortable at first but thats how your evolutionary development works. Remember or imagine that time sat at the top of the hill on your bike for the first time without stabilisers? Then, when you were half way down the hill and starting to really enjoy yourself?
9. Listen more than speak. You learn so much more.
10. Life is precious – if you are not achieving balance from what you are doing, take a moment and review your direction. Spend some time talking it out with those who you trust, or if you prefer with someone you do not know, consider a life coach.
If you want to improve your mindset to achieve lasting change, contact me for an individual needs assessment.