I am hearing increasingly more instances of overwhelm, whether it is business owners or clients so I hope you find this post useful.
When facing overwhelm
In the world of overwhelm, it’s tough, it can feel like pulling our hair out, maybe it’s a battle or wading through the ‘stickiest’ of mud. Wellbeing is affected, we may not be sleeping great, perhaps more quick to react to those around us and we question ourselves on the most simple of things as decisions take so much longer to make. Self doubt is starting to rule as we find ourselves off course. The one task to focus on is to find our way back, that might seem the hardest right now but help is at hand.
5 Simple tips
1. If we are using words like ‘everything’ more frequently this is a sign, eg “everything is so difficult, everything is wrong!” so the first task is to ask ourselves, “what specifically is it that is bothering me?”
2. Keep asking yourself the same question over and over again and make a list until you run out of answers
3. Then for each item on the list write a way of mitigating each one
4. Check in with yourself on how you are feeling, notice any difference from when you started
5. Hide the list somewhere, you may find you don’t need it anymore
Please note – for those who are stuck in the detail and can’t find a way out, so they may say “I can’t make head nor tail of…” or “I am overwhelmed as there is so much detail” ask them “for what purpose” instead of “what specifically” and repeat in the same way as in step 2 for the same great results.
This can take anything from 5 mins to 1 hour depending upon how much work you want to put into this.
If you need further support or want to explore life coaching options please contact me